There are no trainings currently scheduled.
A typical training explains ICATH: Informed
Consent for Access to Trans Health and how to use Informed Consent to advocate to help
individuals access gender confirming care without the loss of
autonomy and with out pathologizing transgender and gender-different
Training will explain the logistics of how to
utilize the ICATH templates as well as how to promote Informed Consent as a basic human right. These trainings are open to all practitioners working with transgender, gender different
and gender non-conforming people.
- Promote the use of the Informed Consent Model (for hormones and surgery.)
- Support self-advocacy for access to gender affirming healthcare.
- Inform use of non-biased language.
- Discuss the self-actualization of people who are transgender, intersex and gender non-conforming.
- Teach strategies on advocating for access to gender affirming medical care.
- Focus on: de-pathologizing transgender, intersex and gender non-conforming identities; centering issues of people who are low-income and people of color; and more.